Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Packaging design!





Above are two of my own packaging designs for a startup vodka premix line by One Part, based out of New York. The brief was for a front, back and neck label that incorporated their logo (the octopus with the umbrella) and a label which was refined, eye-catching and appealed to the demographic of 18-25yo males and females.

I presented the black label concept first, but found out they were after a more traditional British vibe. With the second concept (silver labels) I introduced a more traditional shape and incorporated their logo on the main label. I thought the use of silver and black was a fairly unisex approach. With the style, I tried to be innovative and think outside the standard oval shape. I introduced basic illustration to brighten up the label and also to colour-code for each flavour.

My favoured version is the black labels, I think they're fairly attention-grabbing.. Unfortunately neither concepts were chosen but it did give me a little experience in packaging design and it's definitely something that appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers