Tuesday, April 7, 2009



Est is a Brazilian skincare company. I found this on www.thedieline.com, which is fast becoming my favourite site. Brazilian design firm Satelite produced this packaging.

The function is to present the product in a classic and understated way.

What really caught my eye is that the typography plays two roles, obviously the typographical role but also the graphic role, which I think creates an awesome effect. The diagonals are reminiscent of Constructivism, though the typography is serif. It's quite minimal but that's what made such an impression on me. The use of colour defines what scent or flavour the product is inspired from.

I think the quality is exceptional in its simplicity. The pastel colours also work well within the skincare range, generating a calm and restful air.

I think packaging design is a great way to not only sell products but also showcase design!

1 comment:

  1. looks like swiss style! ooh i learnt something today!

    ReplyDelete

Followers